Terms and Conditions
Terms and conditions for online bookings at the ATKV resorts
- The booking request merely represents an application for accommodation, and does not constitute an official reservation. The booking is only confirmed once the resort provides a booking confirmation.
- A deposit of 50% of the total accommodation account (including VAT) will be payable, and must be paid on or before the due date to confirm the booking.
- Deposits received will be forfeited in the event of cancellations. In addition, no money will be reimbursed if guests leave the resort earlier than planned (see cancellation policy).
- The payment of deposits must occur on or before the due date stipulated on the resort’s booking request form in order to secure bookings.
- Failure to pay the deposit on or before the due date will lead to the cancellation of the booking without prior notice.
- All outstanding costs must be paid in full before arrival.
- All amendments to bookings must be made in writing.
- Debit cards, Visa and Master credit cards as well as electronic transfers are all accepted payment methods.
- Reservation fees (including 15% VAT) apply.
- Special tariffs will be considered upon request and if possible.
- Arrival and departure times:
Resort Arrival time Departure time ATKV Buffelspoort 14:00 10:00 for units and 12:00 for camping ATKV Drakensville 14:00 10:00 (12:00 off season) ATKV Eiland Spa 14:00 10:00 ATKV Goudini Spa 14:00 09:00 ATKV Hartenbos 14:00 09:00 (12:00 off season) ATKV Klein-Kariba 14:00 10:00 (units) 13:00 (camping) ATKV Natalia 14:00 09:00
- Registration occurs upon arrival, when the guest will sign a form that indemnifies the resort against any liability should guests sustain injuries or incur any loss during their stay. Guests will also sign a form by which they undertake to adhere to the rules of the resort.
- No pets allowed, except guide dogs for the blind and visually impaired.
- Tariffs are subject to change without prior notice.
- There will be no minimum-stay requirement for accommodation or camping bookings over the March/April school holiday at any ATKV resort. However, if Easter weekend happens to coincide with this holiday, the long-weekend rule will apply, i.e. that bookings must be for the entire Easter weekend. Bookings at ATKV Eiland Spa for the June/July school holiday are subject to a minimum stay of five days for accommodation and 10 days for camping facilities. Month package bookings at ATKV Eiland Spa for the June/July school holiday are subject to a minimum stay of two months, and shall only be valid for two persons per booking. Visitors received during guests’ stay will be charged the normal tariffs for ATKV members or non-members, as the case may be. Bookings at any ATKV resort for the December/January school holiday are subject to a minimum stay of five days for accommodation and 10 days for camping facilities. Bookings may only be made per main member, and are not transferable. The first deposit, at 10% of the total booking cost, is payable:
- within one month of making a reservation at any ATKV resort in respect of Easter weekend and/or the March/April school holiday;
- within one month of making a reservation at ATKV Eiland Spa in respect of the June/July school holiday; and
- within one month of making a reservation at any ATKV resort in respect of the December/January school holiday, though no later than 31 December.
- Should you have Tjiengelieng available, this will only be taken into account once your booking request has been accepted.
All cancellations must reach the resort in writing.
- For cancellations longer than 60 days prior to arrival, only R80 will be charged for the refund of the deposit.
- For cancellations longer than 30 days prior to arrival, 25% of the deposit requested is forfeited.
- For cancellations between 16 and 29 days prior to the arrival date, 50% of the requested deposit will be forfeited.
- For cancellations between 0 and 15 days prior to arrival, 100% of the requested deposit will be forfeited.
- In the event of cancellation due to death (or other acceptable reasons for which the person has no control), only R75 administration fees are charged when supporting evidence is provided.
Day visitor policy
- ATKV members are given preference to non-members when they visit the resorts as day visitors.
- ATKV members and non-members pay a day visitor tariff.
- Day visitors are not limited to ATKV members, but pre-bookings are essential.
- ATKV members and non-members who are residential guests at a resort may be visited by family members and friends as day visitors, but only if prior arrangements have been made with reception.
- The number of day visitors at resorts must be strictly controlled, because each resort can only allow a limited number of visitors.
- Due to space and limited facilities, no ordinary day visitors are allowed at ATKV Klein-Kariba and ATKV Eiland Spa during long weekends and for the period between December 15 and January 10.
- At ATKV Natalia no additional visitors will be allowed during December due to limited space on the resort.
- This day visitor policy does not apply to visitors at the Negester Estate at Klein-Kariba. A separate policy for Negester Estate has been formulated in cooperation with the homeowners association.
Day visitor tariff
- ATKV members: R95 per person
- Non-members: R155 per person
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR COMPETITIONS AND PROMOTIONS
- Two or more different promotions may not be used in conjunction for any one reservation.
- Where accommodation is provided as a prize, it excludes transport, meals and beverages.
- Accommodation prizes must be claimed within three months following the date of the draw.
- Prizes may not be exchanged for cash.
- The ATKV will not become involved in negotiations regarding winners and prizes.
- All competitions and promotions are subject to the resorts’ existing terms and conditions.
- Unless stated differently, all promotions exclude long weekends, school holidays and weekends
- The information and marketing materials presented on this website and/or other information in any other format provided, is protected by copyright law and/or may be legally privileged.
- The ATKV, its personnel, sponsors, contributors and advertisers disclaim all liability for any loss, damage, injury or expense that might arise from the use of, or reliance upon, the services or marketing materials presented on this website or in any other format.
- The ATKV is neither liable for the proper, complete transmission of the information contained on this website or any other format nor any delay in its receipt.
- In no event shall the ATKV, its personnel, sponsors, contributors and advertisers be held liable for consequential, incidental, special or punitive loss, damage or expense (including, without limitation, lost profits, opportunity costs, etc.), even if it has been advised of their possible existence, that might arise from the use of, or reliance upon, the services and/or marketing material contained on this website or any other format.
- Client shall indemnify and hold harmless the ATKV, its personnel, sponsors, contributors and advertisers from and against any payment loss, cost or expense (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) paid or incurred by following any advice herein or in any other format presented.
- Rates include 15% VAT and are quoted in South African Rand (ZAR).
- Rates may be changed without prior notice.
- Additional charges are payable in advance (via credit card payment) or upon arrival:
- An admin fee of R30 for one night bookings.
- An admin fee of R80 for two or more nights’ bookings.
- An admin fee of R145 for group bookings. Group bookings are considered when three or more accommodation units/camp stands are booked.
- The relevant entertainment fees applicable during certain peak periods.
- Additional fee of R120 per night for an extra adult, and R60 per night for an extra child (3 to 11 years). Only one additional person is allowed above the accommodation unit limit. This does not include a bed, mattress or bedding.
- One vehicle per accommodation unit/camp stand is included. Extra vehicle @ R55 per night.
- Additional charges valid until 28 February 2020.
- By paying you confirm that your dates and accommodation/camping type are correct.
- Check-in time for accommodation units and camp stands is from 14:00. Check-out time is at 10:00 for accommodation units and 13:00 for camp stands.
- Smoking in accommodation units are strictly prohibited.
- Accommodation units are serviced daily, except Fridays and Sundays.
- Guests using the camping facilities must please bring their own power pointer adaptor.
- The standard size of a camp stand is 7m x 7m.
- No pets are allowed, except guide dogs.
- If you are expecting visitors during your stay, it has to be arranged at reception during office hours.
The guest limit is eight people per accommodation unit or camp stand.
Day visit hours are from 08:00 to 18:00. No visitors will be allowed after 18:00.
- Own swimming towels and dishcloths must be provided.
- No music from motor vehicles or private sound systems/equipment is permitted at the resort.
Please consider the other guests by keeping the noise levels as low as possible.
Silence must be maintained between 23:00 and 07:00.
- No motorbikes or ATV four-wheelers are allowed at the resort.
- Only accepted swimwear is allowed.
- Please note that during our out of season midweeks, there may be conference and/or school groups at the resort.
For more information in this regard, please contact reception.
- The restaurant hours are from 07:30 to 20:00.
- To qualify for membership rates, please specify your membership number as a special request.
The principal member must be in attendance upon arrival, identified by his/her membership card and ID/passport.
The principal member must be present during the entire stay at the resort.
CREDIT CARD PAYMENTS
- Preferred credit card payments: VISA, MasterCard and American Express. Diners Club International is not accepted.
- Payments will be made through PayBridge, a secure online payment gateway.
- You will be prompted to enter your credit card details in order for PayBridge to process the deposit.
Please take note: PayBridge is PCI compliant, therefore no card details will be stored.
- Once payment was processed by PayBridge, the accommodation will be paid within 2-3 working days.
- You may see the following message once the transaction is done: Your credit card was successfully debited by PayBridge relating to your accommodation booking.
IMPORTANT: The reference on your credit card statement will say 'PayBridge Accommodation' and not ATKV Klein-Kariba.
Revised arrival and departure times
Due to various complaints by guests regarding the times of arrival and departure at the ATKV resorts, management decided to make the necessary changes.
We therefore want to inform you that the following times will be operational from 1 November 2019.
Time of departure: 12:00
Time of arrival: 14:00
Guests in accommodation units
Time of departure: 11:00
Time of arrival: 14:00
These revised times will apply to guests both in season and out of season. Guests should strictly adhere to these times.
Please note that the time of departure for accommodation units at ATKV Goudini Spa remains at 10:00.
We appreciate your cooperation in this regard.
Februarie is die groot liefdesmaand … En ons weet dat almal graag ’n paar liefdesbederfies sal verwelkom. Maak elke dag ’n spesiale Valentynsdag by ATKV-Natalia deur jou Valentynsvieringe so bietjie uit te rek.